which antibioic is the best cipro or augmentin i have chest congestion and a tooth that is infected i have cipro and augmentin at home and i need to know wich one will help the best. i can't afford the doctor right now but all over the couter meds have no

I : I don't think this is the answer that you want to hear. If your tooth is infected, you really need to see a dentist. Medicating yourself with antibiotics you have around the house is a dangerous practice.
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate): I use Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) when possible for dental infections. However you need to see your dentist to get the cause of the problem and treat it definatively!