How can i get rid of the scabies in my house my 16 month was diagnosed with scabies the dermotoligest didn't do a skin test but he said thats what it was what's the fast way step by step to clear my house and our family of scabies

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

The dermatologist will prescribe or recommend medication for the baby or possibly all the family members. Wash the clothes, bedding and towels the baby has used in hot water in the washing machine. Dry the laundry on the high heat setting in the dryer. If there are soft/ material items that the baby has come in contact with that can’t go into the washer, put them in an airtight plastic bag or container for at least three days. Vacuum the house using a disposable cleaner bag if possible. Avoid handling the contents of the vacuum cleaner bag or canister. Dispose of cleaner bag or ensure that the canister is well cleaned.

Answered Oct 3, 2016

5.3k views