Will a fractional laser treatment damage my skin? i've heard that fractional laser treatments help improve the look of the skin by removing layers of skin cells, and the healing process is what restores growth to the damaged areas. does this mean that my

6 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

After : After any resurfacing procedure there is a period where the new skin lining has to grow in. During this stage there will be redness and crusting. The timing for this process depends on the depth of treatment and your skin type.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Robert Brueck answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

After : After any type of skin rejunvenation there will be a period of crusting and reddness and this will last several days.The deeper one goes the longer the healing time.You won't want to go out and party.

Answered 4/24/2019

5.5k views

Dr. Julio Garcia answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

For : For a brief period of time, while the new skin is healing in, you will look worse, yes, but that is short term.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Benjamin Cilento answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

The : The procedure is designed to produce controlled "damage" of the skin with regeneration helping to produce a more youthful appearance.. If done properly there should be no permanent damage that is unsightly.... Bwc.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views