U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I have i think something called a callus on my small toe where it rubs my shoe, what to do to get rid of it. i have new shoe now the above pretty says it. how can i hurry up to get this skin soft without scraping it, that just sounds gross. what is the be

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 23 years experience
It : It could possibly be a callus, a corn, or a wart. There are other possibilities as well. I would consider trying a Lactic Acid cream such as am-lactin twice daily. In addition, consider gentle filing of the lesion on a daily basis followed by application of a salicylic acid preparation (otc) nightly. If you don't see progress after a few weeks, consider seeing a dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment options. I hope that helps.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
Best way to get : Rid of this is to see a podiatrist and have a small operation to remove the point bone causing the problem. This will get rid of the problem permenantly. Otherwise, wear shoes that don't rub on your toe, which is often difficult, or buy a silicone toe sleeve. For the corn itself, file it with an emory board.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.