could i be pregnant? i took a plan b one step in the middle of september, i got my period the end of september early october. i had unprotected sex the first week of october (during my period) and the last two weeks of october to early november. i got my

Dr. Laura McMullen
20 years experience Pediatrics
If : If you got your period and have a negative pregnancy test, then odds are, you are not pregnant. Home pregnancy tests, however, are only 97% accurate 5-6 weeks after the missed or light period (about 4 to 5 weeks after conception). If you are really unsure, you can try taking another pregnancy test 1-2 weeks after this last period (some women continue to have light periods after becoming pregnant, though this is rare) or you can call your doctor for a pregnancy test. You may also want to call your doctor to discuss birth control methods if you are not ready to become pregnant, but are sexually active. Good luck!
Answered on Oct 3, 2016