U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old female asked:

I hit my head hard against the corner of an open kitchen cabinet door, do i need to seek medical treatment? hi, about half an hour ago i was bending down beneath an open kitchen cabinet door, and when i stood back up, i hit my head with a pretty good amou

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Family Medicine 45 years experience
No : No need to go to er. You might feel better with using advil or tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain, and an ice pack. Best wishes.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
No: Unless you lost consciousness you should treat this as you would any other bruise. Ice the area now to limit swelling. Take Advil/Ibuprofen?Motrin as per package directions.
Last updated May 14, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.