A member asked:

What can i do so my dark spots go away i have a dark line in the side of my eyes one in each one and two spots in my chin i the dermatology subscribe hydroquinone 6% salicylic acid 2% it takes some out but the dark spots are still there

20 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Joy Jackson answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

I suggest you go back to see your dermatologist. You may need a higher dose of the medication, or a change in medication. In addition it's not a bad idea to see an eye specialist (ophthalmologist) for the dark lines in your sclera( white part of eye). There may be other options like laser therapy that may be helpful. Good luck.

Answered Dec 12, 2018


Dr. Matthew Stanwix answered

Specializes in

Dark circles around the eyes are difficult to deal with. There are some lasers that a good, surgical fat grafting from a plastic surgeon can help too. If you want to use creams, i recommend any eye cream that has caffeine.

Answered May 20, 2015


Dr. Glynis Ablon answered

Specializes in Dermatology

a Ruby laser!

Answered Jan 13, 2016



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor