is it possible to have my ear sewn up my earring hole has split and i want to know if there is anything that can be done about it

3 doctor answers
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
21 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
A : A split ear piercing can certainly be repaired. It is a procedure that can be done in the office with local numbing medicine only. The key is to recreate a natural, non-notched outer ear margin.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Jon Aoki
Dr. Jon Aoki answered
42 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Yes: Repair is possible but will need unique closure technique such as w-plasty or random pattern repair to prevent notching. See ENT or plastic surgeon familiar with these special techniques.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
Dr. Alexander Gorup
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Repair: Need to surgically repair the lobe. Need to cut away the scar and suture the edges together.
Answered on Jan 5, 2014