My drug screen results were negative, why? i take percocet and ativan (lorazepam) on a daily basis, my screen results did not find them in my system. knowing that i take my meds daily, i cannot understand why they did not show.

Dr. Joy Jackson
In : In short a few explanations; #1 your test gave a false negative result (possible but not very common) #2. The urine or blood was not yours (lab error, paperwork error, in short human error). #3 Percocet and Ativan (lorazepam) were not specifically screened for in the particular drug testing that was done (meaning although drugs in their class may cause a positive result, the biochemical make-up of Percocet and Ativan (lorazepam) may have not caused a positive reaction).
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Many possiblereasons: Oxycodone may not show up on a drug screen unless the screen is specifically geared to that drug. Ativan (lorazepam) should show up, but it depends on the dose. If you are on a low dose (0.5 mg a day) it may be negative. Also, if you are drinking large amounts of water, it dilutes your urine to where drugs may be below the detection limit of the test.

Last updated Mar 26, 2021