U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 58-year-old female asked:

Allergic reaction to a deodorant ( arrid xx ) i have clear leakage from under my arm. i also have itching and when i touch other parts of my body small bumps are now appearing. i'ved tried baking soda, anti fungal cream, anti itch cream.

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Minni
Dermatology 21 years experience
This : This sounds like contact dermatitis which is a common problem and should be evaluated by a dermatologist.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 18 years experience
Contact Dermatitis: Sounds like either an allergic or irritant contact dermatitis. Seeing a physician could help to get this under control since topical medication does not sound like it will be enough with the spreading and weeping.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.