Eye twitch from stress - help please what can i do about my eye twitch from stress? i am going through a bad divorce and my husband and his mistress have caused me terrible stress. how can i make the eye twitch go away? please help : (

Dr. Inna Ozerov
Ophthalmology 24 years experience
Unfortunately : Unfortunately there is no easy answer, other than you need to reduce your stress. Anxiety, stress, lack of sleep, sickness can all contribute to blepharospasm or the eyelid twitching. Depending on the degree of stress, the symptoms can last anywhere from days to weeks. The good news is that there is no permanent damage, the bad news, until you are able to manage your stress, your symptoms will likely persist.
Dr. William Dieck
Ophthalmology 39 years experience
Common: First of all eyelid twitching is common and not a symptom of a serious medical condition. It is almost always due to stress, fatigue and caffeine intake. Anything you can do to reduce your stress levels, such as exercise may be helpful. If you can cut down on your caffeine intake your symptoms may be reduced from the lack os direct nerve stimulation and better sleep.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016