U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

My boyfriend is having a reaction to the gloves he uses at work and they are laytex free his hands are red like they've been scalded and irritated and peelin and rough

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marvin Den
Internal Medicine 46 years experience
Still : Still likely a contact type reaction. Should see a skin doctor for testing.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 37 years experience
Allergic reaction: The skin of his hands is reacting to something that he contacted. Even with gloves, it is still contacting his skin. Does he work with unusual solvents or chemicals? Since it only involves his hands, is clearly a contact dermatitis. Treatment is simple, either avoid contacting the cause, make sure the gloves he is wearing are truly latex free, or put a lot more of them on !
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.