after eating a sonic hamburger and some salty fries my bp shot up to 157/118 and was followed by indigestion. i'm 20 year old male, 6 foot 3 265 lbs relatively inactive, diagnosed with anxiety/panic attacks and palpitations, i'm wondering what caused the

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Yes, : Yes, the hamburger and influx of sodium in your system may have caused the spike in your blood pressure. The salt in this meal can cause some degree of dehydration, making your heart beat faster. Also, any anxiety/panicky feelings, along with your cardiac history may have contributed to the spike. Since this was followed by indigestion, there may have been degree of pain that your body was feeling at the time. Take your blood pressure on a day when you are feeling calm. See your doctor if your blood pressure is consistently higher than your normal blood pressure.
Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Diagnosis: A visit to your dr, and no doubt some weight loss combined with a well planned exercise program and healthy diet will certainly be recommended. Sleep lab may also help rule out typical diagnosis.
Pathology 44 years experience
Great answer
May 23, 2018
Dr. Joseph Shen
Cardiac Electrophysiology 31 years experience
Reacting to gluten?: If you ate fatty foods, you may develop a condition called "endothelial dysfunction" i.e. Sluggish arteries with blood flow problems. So eat healthy, minimize fat, refined sugar and foods with gluten. You may feel better... Good luck!
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Pulmonary Critical Care 36 years experience
Your blood pressure is way too high. Check with your doc. An ambulatory blood pressure monitor will probably be very useful. Goal is 120/80 to avoid trouble.
Apr 14, 2013