can a man on immunosuppressant cause their female partner to have urinary tract infections after sex?

Dr. Barry Browne
General Surgery 35 years experience
Yes: Vaginal intercourse is a risk factor for the development of utis in all women because of the close proximity between the urethral opening and the anus. Women can decrease this risk by practicing good hygeine and urinating as soon as possible after sex. Having an immunosuppressed partner, however, does not confer any additional risk.
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Allergy and Immunology 21 years experience
Some drugs can...: Be transferred through male semen. This includes immunosuppressive medications.
Dr. George Loss
Transplant Surgery 33 years experience
See below: Not any more likely than a man not on immunosuppression medication.
Dr. Stuart Flechner
Urology 46 years experience
Not really: An acute urinary tract infection can occur in females after sexual activity. It has little to do with the male partner taking immunosuppressive drugs.