1 week of nasal congestion. i understand that symptoms of sinus cancer can mimic that of a cold. should i see my dr? sore throat gone no cough.

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Nasal Congestion : Very unlikely; much more likely is that the persistent nasal congestion represents residual viral infection or, possibly, a low grade bacterial complication of your cold that involved your sinuses. Do you have a fever? Pain beneath the facial bones above or below the eyes? I suggest a few more days of otc rx, such as saline nasal spray, afrin, decongestants - before you contact your doctor.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.4k views

Not yet: Nasal congestion is very common, especially now that flu or viral "season" is upon us. If you are prone to allergies, nasal congestion is to be expected. Although the common cold can mimic sinus cancer, it is extremely doubtful as cause of your symptoms. The "sinus" is likely the maxillary sinus (upper jaw bone) and it is part of the paranasal sinus complex; 0.2% of all malignancies occur there.

Answered 10/23/2017

5.4k views