U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old female asked:

Cut a mole a year ago, it bled, it's dark red or light red at times with dark color under skin, it's very small and round

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Tholen
Plastic Surgery 42 years experience
Have it checked!: Any mole that is chronically irritated (shaving), changing in size, shape, or color, has a dark coloration, asymmetry, or irregular border, or is larger than a pencil eraser should be checked by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Shave biopsy is not recommended; remove it completely--if it's bad, you've not cut into it or destroyed valuable information (thickness); if it's not, it's gone!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 26, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.