Harveys Lake, PA

beta streptococcus group b 10.000 to 100.000/ml in urine test -it is need to be treat with antibiotic?

Dr. Larry Lutwick
Infectious Disease 49 years experience
Symptoms or not?: Group b strep can be a cause of UTI in a symptomatic person.
Dr. Michael Ein
Infectious Disease 48 years experience
See below: It may indicate that you have a uti. Usually positive urine cultures have greater than 100, 000 cfu/ml but repeated urines with the same organism in lower numbers are significant. If you have symptoms of a UTI or if you have a significant number of wbc's in your urine you would probably benefit from a course of antibiotic treatment.