Shreveport, LA

I had a ultrasound at 12weeks my conceive date was may6th and one at 25weeks conceive date may15 which one is more accurate early or later?

Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Radiology 48 years experience
The first one: The earliest ultrasound study is always used to establish the due date since the earlier the study, the more accurate is the estimate of fetal age. The fact that the fetus is measuring 9 days smaller than average on the second exam may suggest that the fetus is growing a little more slowly than average. Or that the measurements were a little off. At any rate, trust the first estimate for the dates.
Last updated Nov 14, 2012