what is the best therapy or medicine for chronic back & neck pain?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Craig Morton
17 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Several: There are many medications and therapy programs for neck and back pain. Medication may include anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers, and pain medication. Therapy should focus on restoring proper spinal function, improving posture, and strengthening the core.
Answered on Feb 2, 2017
1
82
Dr. David Rosenfeld
26 years experience Pain Management
The best therapy is the one that works. As Dr. Morton points out this often includes NSAID medication as well as muscle relaxers. The goal is restoration of function.
Jan 18, 2012
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
38 years experience Pain Management
Chronic neck and ba: The answer is it really depends on how severe and debilitating it is. If you are functional but have pain - therapy programs are the best. If its restricting your function (and there are grades of restriction) then you may needs medications, injections etc... Always have an evaluation to make sure that any serious issue is either ruled in or out.
Answered on Aug 25, 2013
4