U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

How is clubfoot in children treated?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
I call a pedi ortho: The typical clubfoot may respond to a series of casts applied starting soon after birth to reshape the ankle & foot. The casts are removed & reapplied over days & weeks to bring the bones into better alignment.If the casts don't bring things into position surgery may be required. Often you can find this specialized service at one of the shrine hospitals.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 36-year-old member asked:
I have clubfoot pain, what do you advise?
1 doctor answer8 doctors weighed in
A 27-year-old female asked:
Where is the perfect place or country to treat clubfoot?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
How can I get help for talipes / clubfoot?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old member asked:
Whats the chances of a child being born with a clubfoot?
2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
Is having clubfoot a genetic disorder?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 5, 2014

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.