how long do i have to wait to start drinking liquids after a tooth extraction?

Dr. Ronald Achong
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 18 years experience
Same day: You can drink within hours after a tooth extraction. However avoid the use of a straw for a few days to prevent any dry socket.
Dr. Behram Dalal
Dentistry 31 years experience
Be careful till : The numbness goes away. Then drinking without using a straw is recommended. Be careful of hot liquids and definitely no alcohol for the first 24-48 hours. You don't want to disrupt the fragile blood clot that is forming or you can develop a dry socket :(.
Dr. Marvin Pantangco
Dentistry 21 years experience
Drinking after ext: You can start drinking right away after an extraction. You may still be numb but you should not let an extraction keep you from drinking liquids. It's recommended that you just drink water to hydrate you.