Why hasn't my permanent tooth erupted yet?

8 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. TED FEDER answered

Specializes in

Is it Present?: I see you are 31 years old. Can you see the tooth at all? If not, you might have been born without it. Have a dental xray taken. If you can see it, see an orthodontist for a treatment plan. They may be able to bring it in to correct position.

Answered 11/23/2013

5.5k views

Dr. Jason Clark answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

Consult Dentist: If you are concerned about an unerupted permanent tooth you should see a dentist for an evaluation. You will need x-rays for a full evaluation. We may never know the reason why the tooth did not erupt but it should be evaluated for potential problems and may need to be removed.

Answered 2/9/2017

5.2k views

Dr. Eyal Simchi answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

Difficult: Difficult to answer without some more information. Sometimes teeth will be impacted due to insufficient space. In ome cases there may be no permanent tooth under the baby tooth. See a dentist to evaluate.

Answered 3/22/2015

4.9k views

Dr. Ronald Hsu answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

Blocked or not made: Hi, there are two possibilities. (1) they were formed but got trapped for some reason and could not come in the mouth. (2) they were never made to begin with. A panoramic x-ray will provide clues.

Answered 12/2/2015

1.9k views