my mom just had parotidectomy surgery, what can i do to help?

Dr. Anna Meyer
Pediatric ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 19 years experience
Keep her comfortable: Parotid surgery can range in painfulness and pain control is one of the most important things after any surgery. You can regularly check with her throughout the day and ask her to rate her pain on a 1 to 10 scale and see if she needs pain medication.
Dr. Michael Nordstrom
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 38 years experience
Help: Just support her. Help in any way you can. Help her with any questions she may have with her doctors if necessary and inquire about what she needs to do to get better. Most patients do very well after this operation. If it is for a cancer ask about what comes next regarding any additional treatment. You know your mother better than anyone else. Do what you think you need to do.