what do i have to do to still be able to eat scallops and not get allergic reaction if possible shrimp allergy?

Dr. Brian Novick
Allergy and Immunology 43 years experience
See an allergist: For specific testing to scallops. They are not exactly in the same food family as shrimp..So you may be allergic to shrimp but not scallops.
Dr. John Norvell
Allergy and Immunology 21 years experience
No cure for foods: Unfortunately there is no solution for food allergies other than identification of the allergic food and avoidance of that food. Epinephrine can be used to treat a food allergy reaction but there is no preventitive medication that one can take to allow one to eat an allergic food. Shellfish is very dangerous as well and is the number one killer of adults as far as food allergy is considered.