Easton, MD

I have a dark extremely itchy rash on the folds of my inner thighs i found a picture online of what it looks like but no description. what could be?

Dr. Mark Trolice
Fertility Medicine 33 years experience
Rec evaluation: A brown velvety color change in the folds of the skin is called acanthosis nigricans and is associated with pre-diabetes and rarely cancer. This is not usually itchy so recommend evaluation for cause.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Tinea cruris?: Tinea cruris comes to mind based on the location and description. This is a fungal rash, the fungal organism normally residing on our skin and proliferating in areas of warmth and moisture such as this. That’s one thought.
Last updated Jan 24, 2019