U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

Will lazer surgery/intraocular lens fix strabismus/cross eyed?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 20 years experience
Not usually: Laser eye or implant surgery will correct your prescription but strabismus will likely persist. Muscle surgery may be needed. On the other hand, if glasses or contacts correct your eye misalignment, laser or implant surgery may fix both problems.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
After getting strabismus surgery, will an eye still turn?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
What insurance companies cover strabismus (wandering eye) surgery?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
How long would it take for strabismus surgery for my eye?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jan 8, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.