i just got scratched on my cheek yesterday and i really want to get rid of it asap! please help

Dr. Adam Bodian
Dermatology 35 years experience
Keep gooey: No one wants a frankenstein scar even this close to halloween. During the day, keep the scratched area gooey with vasaline petroleum jelly. When you get home at night, put on a product called "scar-guard". If you live in a warm sunny place, you have to keep the area protected with a broad spectrum sun block (spf greater then 30).
Dr. George Yang
Facial Plastic Surgery 22 years experience
Cover w/ ointment: If the scratch does not require stitches, the simple and effective thing to do is to keep the scratch covered with antibiotic ointment, a&d or just vaseline. Skin cells can "crawl" across a moist environment and cover the "raw" area of the scratch. However, if you let it dry up and scab, the scab becomes a physical barrier preventing the skin cells from crawling and covering the raw area.
Dr. Jorge Valdes
Wound care 25 years experience
Apply pure aloe vera: As long as it is not an open wound or infected you can apply pure aloe vera over the area which will expedite the healing process.