describe what marijuana does in palliative care?

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine 35 years experience
See below: Relaxes them and relieves depression by getting them high. Also increases appetite and reduces pain.
Dr. Natarajan Raman
Radiation Oncology 33 years experience
Control nausea: Marijuana is not used in palliative care as it is difficult to quantitate the effect of the active substances in street purchases. Marinol (dronabinol) is used to treat loss of appetite in people with aids. It is also used to treat severe nausea and vomiting that is caused by cancer chemotherapy. Marinol is for use only when other medications have been unable to control the nausea and vomiting.