Brooklyn, NY

how long does a normal yeast infection last for ?

Dr. Barbara Toppin
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Depends: If you are not using anything to treat a yeast infection may linger for weeks. If you are using a medication to treat it it may go away in 1-2 days.
Dr. Obiloh Egu
Candida albicans: Infection of the vagina by a fungus called candida leads to whitish cottage cheese discharge and vaginal irritation. Once infected symptom might worsen with out treatment. With adequate treatment and precautions should resolve within 1 week to 10days.
Yeast: It usually resolves in one to two weeks with appropriate treatment. For immune compromized people it could last longer.