U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old male asked:

I am suffering urine infection. pl advice me. my report c/s: proteus growth epithical cell:2-4/hpf pus cell:6-9/hpf rbc;0-2/hpf sensitivity:imipenem.?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Doctor can recheck: A person who knows he has a urine infection can see his doctor to make sure he is getting the correct antibiotic, because some bacteria are resistant to certain antibiotics. After taking antibiotics, he can return to the lab to recheck his urine to make sure the treatment worked. Sometimes, the doctor will do further evaluations to see if there is a second medical problem causing the infection.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.