Palm Bay, FL

i have a cough but nothing comes up, feel mucus in my throat, ear ache/pressure , swollen tonsils. no congestion or runny nose or sore throat. help ?

Dr. Mandakini Patel
Sore throat: Try salt water gargles. But if you have pus over your enlarged tonsils you need to see your doctor to rule out strep throat, try a decongestant for ear pressure.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Post nasal drip: Chances are you have a post nasal drip.While you not feel your nose congested during the day it may be dripping while you are sleeping at night.To help i would steam yourself in a hot shower for 30 minutes a day then use saline nose drops during the day lots of fluids and take a cough medicine like mucinex (guaifenesin).