U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old female asked:

Zyrtec, claritin, (loratadine) allegra, clarinex. other allergy pill options? year-round, persistant allergies. wet in ears, post-nasal drip (sore throat).

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Pediatrics 52 years experience
Avoidance : If you know your allergens, avoidance is the best treatment. If your use of standard antihistamines isn't helping, your doctor has many other treatment options to help, including leukotriene inhibitors or referral to an allergist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Pediatrics 43 years experience
Before you go : Looking for another allergy medication, i would keep the one that works best for you and take it diligently everyday with a steroid nasal spray twice daily for a month to see a big difference with just burst of meds here and there and only when you feel like it. If you have already done this, then it is time to see your doctor, possibly referral to allergist or ENT depends on what the problem is.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Koriwchak
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 35 years experience
I would see an ENT doctor now. If you have a "post nasal drip" without a stuffy nose or nasal discharge you could have reflux rather than allergies.
Oct 21, 2012
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.