Canada

My husband has small cell lung cancer which has spread. is the chemo and radiation effective in arresting this type of cancer?

Pathology 49 years experience
Temporary relief: I am sorry to hear about your husband's illness. The treatment you described may provide some relief but is not expected to cure the cancer. Please see this site for more information on this topic.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/pmh0001180/.
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Pulmonary Critical Care 31 years experience
Yes and no: Small cell lung cancer is very fast-growing and usually responds well to chemo and radiation, but also tends to recur. Go to uptodate.Com, they have a lot of information for patients.

Last updated Dec 14, 2018