can you inject humira (adalimumab) anywhere on your body besides stomach and thigh?

Dr. Steven Rosner
Specializes in Rheumatology
Not recommended: If the shots are painful, massage the skin of the upper thigh or belly with an ice cube, then inject humira (adalimumab).
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 17 years experience
Not recommended: According to the Humira (adalimumab) recommendations, Humira (adalimumab) should only be injected into the front of the thighs or the lower abdomen.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Yes.: As long as it is administered subcutaneously. Have your rheumatology and GI specialist show you how. I prefer the syrigne for my patient, because you know for sure if it is in!

Last updated Oct 9, 2020