Houma, LA

I'm on omeorazole and my blood work showed i had mildly low calcium and potassium. what should i do? i'm also on benicar and toprol (metoprolol)

Dr. Jesus Yap
Cardiology 54 years experience
Stop Omeprazole: Stop Omeprazole and recheck your blood test. Continue Benicar and toprol (metoprolol).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 49 years experience
Hypertension at 18?: Your main problem is not with your calcium and potassium, it is your having hypertension (h) at 18. How long ago did you start your bpmeds? Did the physician consider a secondary cause for your h, such as a renal artery stenosis or conn's syndrome? I suggest you go to your physician (p) and ask the p to consider other causes for your h. It one is found, and treated, you may not need hbp meds.
Last updated Jun 30, 2014