HI

my brother gas these weird red bumps on his skin and he says they don't itch, could it be hives or something?

Hives itch: Rashes are difficult to describe in words. A primary care doctor or a dermatologist can examine a red spots rash to see what it might be. Sometimes rashes are related to medications, but many times they are not. For unusual rashes, a skin biopsy may be done by a dermatologist. Other causes include viral infections, allergies and autoimmune reactions, chemical irritants, bug bites, etc...
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Difficult to tell: Skin issues are very difficult to diagnosis without actually seeing and touching the lesion. Occasionally, doctors may even need to biopsy or culture the lesion to make a determination. Best to see you family doctor or dermatologist to get you the best answer.