is lymphoma cancer likely genetic?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Addagada Rao
55 years experience General Surgery
Not all: Some lymphomas both hodgkin and non hodgkin s lymphomas may have genetic predisposition. Some times may run in family I have to agree with dr friedlander ' is hereditary is conspicuously lacking ' thank you for great quate.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
43 years experience Pathology
Very seldom: People who are carriers for ataxia-telangiectasia are at extra risk for some of the non-hodgkin's lymphomas, but there's no knowing if this is you. One double mch2 syndrome also produces lymphomas. Beyond this, and a very weak tendency for lymphomas to be diagnosed in family members (maybe we look harder), evidence that lymphoma is hereditary is conspicuously lacking.
Answered on Oct 16, 2012
2
2 comments
43 years experience Pathology
Provided original answer
There was nothing to be corrected in your statement, Dr. Rao! Thank you for your interest in this intriguing group of diseases for which today's medicine now offers so much.
Oct 16, 2012
Dr. Addagada Rao
55 years experience General Surgery
You are right Dr Friedlander I did correct my statement Thank you for accuracy
Oct 16, 2012