my lymph gland is swollen up big on the left side, and the gum back by my left wisdom tooth is swollen big too, what could this be?

Dr. Sharon Perelman
Dentistry 29 years experience
Pericornitis: It sounds like an infection ( called pericornitis) that occurs usually by the wisdom teeth. There is often a little flap of tissue over the back part of the tooth and food gets trapped causing an infection and swelling. This can turn into a very serious infection. Make sure you see your dentist.
Dr. James Bates
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 36 years experience
Wisdom tooth: Sounds like an infected, impacted wisdom tooth. An infection in this area is called pericoronitis. It should be treated with antibiotics until it settles down, then the wisdom tooth should be extracted by an oral surgeon.