U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old male asked:

I m a boy.i m 20 yrs of age, my chest looks like girls breast, i feel very shy about it.if i were t shirt it looks very bad..plz do reply nd help.thankx?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Pediatrics 42 years experience
You need to see: Your physician so he can run some tests on you then refer you out to the specialists or see an endocrinologist to check your hormone levels + other tests so he can better assist you.You may have hormone imbalance etc.
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Consult surgeon: Breast buds affect ~1/2 males in early puberty & may affect one or both sides concurrently. The process reflects an awakening of the body to hormonal changes. It generally persists for a year or less & disappears gradually as puberty progresses.Rare cases can become prominent.Being overweight tends to make the process more noticeable. After 20, surgery can remove the breast tissue & fat.

Related questions

A 34-year-old member asked:
What age r girls when they start to produce breast milk?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
Can breast cyst happen to girls age of 13?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
What is the likelihood for girls of around the age of thirteen to get breast cancer?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
I'm wondering why are girls with large breast nipples less sensitive?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Mar 19, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.