U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Arab Emirates
A 28-year-old male asked:

Dear doctor, i am 29 years old man , my blood test result (alt sgpt) is 51. how can i reduce my level, i don't have pressur/sugar/cholestrol. ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Dan Fisher
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
Not very abnormal.: There is no way to "lower" liver enzyme levels when they are barely elevated. One should always take care to avoid liver toxins such as alcohol and tylenol (acetaminophen) in excess. You should redraw your liver tests agian in a month to see if everything is back to normal. If your levels remain mildly elevated, it might make sense to screen you for the usual culprits, fatty liver and hepatitis b and c.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 20, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.