So i stubbed my toe and now the nail and the skin around where i impacted don't look right. the nail is at an odd angle and the skin is a red/black ?

Dr. Leslie Aufseeser
49 years experience
Nail bed trauma: Since the nail is at an odd angle damage to the nail bed must have occurred. There is most likely collection of blood under the nail causing the black color. The nail more likely than not needs to be removed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. E. James Bodmer
Podiatry 45 years experience
Nail trauma: The impaction lifted the nail off the nail bed. You may have a subungual hematoma and paronychia which is a bruising and inflammation of the toenail and surrounding tissues. It may be wise to see a podiatrist for evaluation. The damage may cause an infection. I would seek medical help.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019