My son has a lump inside his tongue on the tip, i am going to take him to the dr but until i can get him in i wanted to see what it may be.?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Farhad Sigari answered

Specializes in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery

Need more info: What color is it, how big is it, does it hurt, how long has been there? Theses questions and others need to be addressed before we can give you a meaningful answer. Best to have his doc look at him. Usually these things are benign but definitely have it checked out.

Answered 12/9/2013

5.6k views

Dr. Stephen Calendine answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Taste buds: Common to see inflammed taste buds, normally go away on their own within a week. If not, see your dentist!

Answered 7/16/2013

5.1k views

Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Needs to be seen: Unfortunately, this types of situations actually have to be seen by a trained health care provider.

Answered 5/6/2013

5.1k views

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

A lump.: Until it is examined, and possibly a sample looked at under a microscope, you really can't tell. If your son remembers biting that spot or injuring it in some other manner, it may just be a scar, but again, it's only a guess until looked at properly.

Answered 5/7/2013

5.1k views