My son has a lump inside his tongue on the tip, i am going to take him to the dr but until i can get him in i wanted to see what it may be.?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Farhad Sigari answered

Specializes in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery

What color is it, how big is it, does it hurt, how long has been there? Theses questions and others need to be addressed before we can give you a meaningful answer. Best to have his doc look at him. Usually these things are benign but definitely have it checked out.

Answered Dec 9, 2013

5.6k views

Dr. Stephen Calendine answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Common to see inflammed taste buds, normally go away on their own within a week. If not, see your dentist!

Answered Jul 16, 2013

5.1k views

Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Unfortunately, this types of situations actually have to be seen by a trained health care provider.

Answered May 6, 2013

5.1k views

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

Until it is examined, and possibly a sample looked at under a microscope, you really can't tell. If your son remembers biting that spot or injuring it in some other manner, it may just be a scar, but again, it's only a guess until looked at properly.

Answered May 7, 2013

5.1k views