how to help prevent numbness in feet and hands after chemo?

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Podiatry 23 years experience
Difficult to predict: There is no way to predict the extent numbness with your chemo. Keep in mind the medicine is targeted to the bad cells but the nerve cells often times can also be affected. Neuropathy means "problem with nerves" and the nerves can either go silent or become painful. For the silent version, be vigilant, but for the painful version, there are topical meds for relief in easing the discomfort.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I find : Metanx a prescription vitamin to be very helpful specifically for this. You should have occasional bloodwork as you don't want these vitamin levels to get too high. If using as preventative as opposed to treatment i would only take one a day and not 2.