U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Indianapolis, IN
A 21-year-old female asked:

I have a small round lump about the size of a pea under the skin of my underarm its painless but should i get it checked?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Helen Gray
Family Medicine 14 years experience
Possibly: Most likely it is just an enlarged lymph node. If its been there for a short time you would most likely be ok with waiting an seeing if it goes away within the next week. If it becomes painful, swollen, res or you develop fevers then be seen sooner. If its been there a while then consider having it eyeballed by a doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 22, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.