What could cause a sharp pain in the lower stomach?

Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management 39 years experience
Lots of things: There are a lot of things that can cause pain in the abdomen. If this is persistent then you should be seen by a doctor immediately.

Enid, OK

What cause sharp pain below stomach?

Dr. Greg Hinson
ingrown toenail?: Sorry for the humor. But it was meant to highlight that there are a lot of potential causes of such pain and one of us will likely need more info to tell you. For example, will need to know the severity of the pain, how long it had been going on, if it is assoc. With urinating or eating, etc. I advise getting an appt with your doctor to discuss.

What would cause a sharp pain in the lower left side of my stomach?

Dr. Yash Khanna
Get it checked: There are many causes of left sided abdominal pain 1diverticulitis 2kidney infection/stones 3pelvic inflammatory disease in women 4inflanmatory bowel disease' 5irritable bowel syndrome 6bowel obstruction i will recommend you see your doctor or a gastroenterologist, to find the cause of the pain.
Marshville, NC

What do it mean when you have sharp pain in your lower stomach?

Dr. Rupesh Parikh
Medical Oncology 26 years experience
Lots of things: Pain could be heartburn / reflux / an ulcer / gallbladder , and maybe even appendix or a simple muscle pull ; depending on severity and frequenecy , ask your md to order the correct test to find out.
Edmond, OK

I'm having sharp pain in my lower part of my stomach?

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management 17 years experience
Lower abdominal pain: Sharp lower abdominal pain in a 20-year-old female could be due to a myriad of benign and serious conditions, some of which require emergency room visit, imaging, and surgery. Without any further information this is the answer

What could cause pain in my stomach?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
Specifics please: In what position do you feel better/ worse? What is the quality of pain--sharp, stabbing, pressure, bloating, gassiness? Where in your abdomen (right, mid, left) do you experience discomfort? Duration pain lasts? Is pain deep or superficial? Have you seen blood with stool or change in bowels? Any chance of pregnancy (sexually active)? Any bladder/uti symptoms? Ur doc will need this info 2 help

Last updated Apr 12, 2013