i hurt everywhere my chest my lower back my joints in my fingers and my head. i want to take nyquil so i can sleep and i want to take mucinex (guaifenesin) to help with the chest pressure. is it ok to take these 2 medicines at the same time?

Dr. Jon Grischkan
15 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Be careful: Nyquil and Mucinex (guaifenesin) are name brands for a "brand" of medication, and many of them have similar ingredients ie: Mucinex (guaifenesin) may have guaifenisen, dextromethorhan, pseudoephedrine, etc. The other nyquil product may have the exact same or similar medications leading to a possible overdose. Best to check with your doctor or a pharmacist prior toopping a bunch of pills.
Answered on Feb 27, 2016
7