U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old female asked:

How do i ease the pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis? usually on necks, elbows, wrists, fi gers, especially on thighs, knees and ankles.

3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery 41 years experience
See a rheumatologist: There are some excellent medications to control rheumatoid arthritis; they can have side effects, but used appropriately they can reduce or prevent long term damage to your joints. They work best if used early in the course of the disease. See a specialist, and get a second opinion if necessary.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See a doctor: A rheumatologist can prescribe proper medication for pain and swelling.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
You need: To be under the care of a rheumatologist. There are many medications that can help you.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 5, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.