what could i do to heal a fractured/broken toe?

Dr. Steven Hill
Splint: The most common treatment for a fractured toe is splint to prevent movement - usually we 'buddy tape' the toe to the one next to it as a splint. This works since the joints do not line up from toe to toe and so the injured one won't bend. This assumes the toe is relatively well aligned - swelling should be treated with cold packs/ice packs.
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Podiatry 19 years experience
Immobilize: Buddy taping a toe to the adjacent toe can help to immobilize it. Also wearing a stiff-soled shoe will decrease the forces going through the foot which also helps. It is important to know however if the bones are in proper alignment because if there is a gap between the fractured ends of the bone then.
Dr. Rahul Banerjee
Orthopedic Surgery 22 years experience
Toe: The smaller toes, other than the big toe will usually heal with "buddy taping" (taping the injured toe to the toes next to it. A broken (fractured) big toe may need additional treatment which you should discuss with your orthopaedic surgeon.
Dr. Adam Teichman
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 19 years experience
Splitning: Buddy splinting a toe to the toe next to it will be of help. Also wearing a stiff soled shoe such as a rigid sneaker. Seek medical attention to make sure there is nothing else casuing you problem. Visit myfoot and ankle.Com for more information.