if i have chlamydia on my vagina and i gave oral sex to my boyfriend. can i have chlamydia on my throat too?

Dr. Adam Levy
Dr. Adam Levy answered
36 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: Yes you can have gonorrhea and possilby chlamydia too in your throat. I strongly suggest you get treated (both of you) since the treatment is easy and inexpensive. And it will cure you of the infection no matter where you have it. Have your doctor give you Doxycycline 100mg twice daily for 7 days or zithromax 1 gram orally once. Then get a followup test 4 weeks later to make sure you are cured.
Answered on Aug 13, 2016
5