U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked:

My husbend not intrest in sex?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Very common: This is a very common problem for both members of married couples. Fortunately, it's pretty responsive to couples therapy. Ask your doctor for a local therapist.
Dr. Thomas Graber
47 years experience
Medical or Relation: There can be medical reasons why your husband seems to have lost interest in sex or there could be something in your relationship. If possible, have a conversation about what he thinks about this change. He may not even know the reason. He may guess correctly or incorrectly. A medical evaluation can check for nerve, blood vessel, depression issues and many other possible causes.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Dr. Graber is right on the mark. Would add that sexual orientation may play a role. Have had numerous gay patients who were married heterosexually for social reasons.
Mar 7, 2013

Related questions

A 35-year-old member asked:
How to interpret sex deviations?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
What makes someone a sex offender?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 28-year-old female asked:
What is disadvantages of continuously sex?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 20-year-old member asked:
Afther sex I bleed why?
2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 22-year-old male asked:
What is precum? How it effects in sex?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 8, 2019

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.